Monday, January 24, 2011

3 Reasons to Follow My Culinary Adventures

I realize I shouldn't be beating myself up over not having a post every day. There are just some days when I'm not going to cook, and some days (though few and far between) when I'll revert back to the jarred pasta sauce and frozen garlic bread meals. I'm only human. And a human with a very demanding day job.

But to make myself feel better, I need to serve up a few reasons why you (and all your friends!) should follow my culinary adventures:

3. I won't lead you astray. I'm not going to post a recipe that wasn't good. Occasionally I'll give you one I failed miserably at (read: ravioli), but I'm not going to subject you to something that was just plain bad. There are some recipes that aren't worth saving, and even a few that aren't able to be saved. When a dish sucks, I'll say so. And then we'll move on to better things.

2. I'll keep it real. Yeah, I like to cook a little above and beyond your typical home chef. I like to challenge myself, push my boundaries and try new things. But very rarely will you find me using far-fetched techniques or difficult-to-find ingredients. Anything I can do, you can do. Because I'm not an expert. I just like food.

1. I'm just like you. As I said, I'm not an expert. I don't profess to be a master chef. I could never cut it on "The Next Food Network Star" (although I did enter a submission the first season). I'm just a girl who really loves her hobby. And don't we all have something we really love and could talk endlessly about?

I've got a few tricks up my sleeve this week and into the weekend: pot roast with red wine, tomatoes and mushrooms, baked doughnuts, vodka sauce, and maybe even a preview of my Super Bowl menu. I may not be a Packers fan, but I am looking for green and gold-inspired dishes. Got any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. I just like food too! (Maybe a little too much I think!). And that's the best and only necessary reason. Besides, I think by reading your posts, I'm gathering some knowledge and experience with this stuff. Albeit imaginary experience, because so far I can only imagine a stab at making any of your impressive dishes, rather than an actually successful attempt ;p. I'll get there some day, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way.. you love and can talk endlessly about cooking, I'm the same way with tv. I sense there's some sort of way those things can be partnered up in an innovative way. Other than eating while watching nonstop marathons of House and Burn Notice, of course. Which I practice on frequent occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I could create menus themed around your TV marathons! I see a cookbook in our future ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that's a great idea! Some might be really challenging, but I have no doubt you'd be able to come up with something. I can't even imagine a menu for all the hardcore cop shows, real and scripted. But something like Burn Notice, where stuff blows up all over Miami... Cuban bbq and margaritas?

    ReplyDelete