Monday, April 11, 2011

Chef Bill Strikes Again

My BFF Nicole can attest to the fact that Bill's barbecued ribs beat all others. You wouldn't necessarily guess it, but he can grill like no other. Ribs are a summer staple in our house, but with the nice weather we had yesterday, I think Bill's decided there's no turning back: it's griling season whether Mother Nature cooperates from here on out or not.

I can't reveal his secrets because that would be grounds for divorce, but Bill made his famous ribs tonight and they were (as usual) amazing! I wish I could give you the recipe, but I guess you're just going to have to visit us for the Fourth of July instead :)

What I can tell you is Bill's new trick for tasty grilled corn on the cob. I'm not sure how he came up with this concoction, but it was super yummy (and the name is all his). My husband isn't patient enough to measure things, so I approximated:

Thyme-y Grilled Corn on the Cob
Ingredients:
2 ears fresh corn, husked and cleaned
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper

Directions:
Combine butter, garlic powder, thyme, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spread over corn. Place corn on prepared grill and cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning often.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing there won't be any Chef Bill blog posts here? Damn, being all secretive. You're absolutely right, I just might have to visit for this alone!

    ReplyDelete