Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Pupcake!

Most of you know that I have two little ones at home ... two little bulldogs that is! We're a family full of March babies (Lola on the 3rd, Vito on the 14th, me on the 20th and Bill on the 29th), so this is a very special month for us. Vito turns three tomorrow and Lola turned one a week and a half ago. You know what that means? It's pupcake time!

Bill and I love our dogs more than life itself, so of course we have to celebrate their birthdays. There are TONS of dog cake recipes on the web, but the fact that most of them are very similar made it easy to choose (that, and the fact that Vito and Lola love peanut butter).

So if you know a special pup with a big day coming up, these pupcakes would be an awesome treat! Watch this video to see how much Vito and Lola loved them :)

Peanut Butter Delight Pupcakes
Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners.

Combine all ingredients except cream cheese in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat well. Fill pupcake liners half full. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a pupcake comes out clean.

Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove pupcakes to wire rack and allow to cool completely.

Stir or beat cream cheese until smooth and spreadable. "Frost" each pupcake and watch your canine friends enjoy!


You might be curious (as Bill was) to know how these pupcakes taste. Well, I told you Vito and Lola went nuts for them but I didn't try one. The absence of butter and sugar make these pupcakes dog friendly, but I don't know how human friendly that makes them :)

I'm sure they can't be too bad because there aren't any strange ingredients involved, but I'm not so confident in the peanut butter-carrot combination. Perhaps I'll let Bill fulfill his curiosity and see what he thinks!

2 comments:

  1. OK. I'm not sure what to do with this. The video is pretty great. But I what I really want to know is how Bill thinks they taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If no one is willing to try them, I will! Pupcakes are a super cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete